We are a small, boutique firm by design. With all the experience and expertise of a larger firm, we offer attentive service to each and every one of our clients. This allows us to be your true partner in achieving business and personal financial goals. We are proud of the level of service we are able to give all of our clients and grateful for the opportunity to build such close relationships that help positively impact their bottom line. Recognizing that each client has unique goals, we tailor our services to meet those needs.
Our team includes Certified Public Accountants, bookkeepers, and financial service providers.
- Harry J. Schmidt, CPA serves as the firm’s managing partner and is director of the firm’s management consulting department. Harry has more than 40 years of business consulting and public accounting experience, including eight years with “Big-4” accounting firms and over 30 years as an owner or co-owner of a local firm. Harry has diversified experience with emphasis in financial consulting, strategic planning, auditing, tax planning and compliance. Harry’s industry expertise includes manufacturing, distribution, construction, technology, professional service firms, and land development. Harry is a graduate of the University of Nebraska, at Kearney. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Colorado Society of CPAs.
- Daniel B. Rice, CPA, serves as the firm’s director of taxation. He has over 30 years of tax experience, including 7 years with a “Big 4” accounting firm. Dan has substantial experience in tax and estate planning for individuals and small businesses. Dan’s specific expertise includes real estate, professional service firms, and business acquisitions and dispositions. Dan is a graduate of Oklahoma State University, and has a master’s degree in taxation from Oklahoma State University as well. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Colorado Society of CPA’s.
- Christi Aguilera, CPA is a manager in the small business consulting and tax department. Christi has nearly 25 years’ experience in public accounting and in private industry, having held the position of controller for numerous small businesses in various industries including software development, underground utility construction, and marketing related services. Christi also has over 10 years of public accounting experience as an audit manager, as well as maintaining her background in taxation. Christi is a graduate of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Sheri Marz, CPA, is the director of the attestation services department. Sheri has over 20 years of experience in public and corporate accounting, primarily in audits, reviews, and compilations of small businesses. She has been a QuickBooks ProAdvisor since the year 2000 and also has experience in tax for individuals and businesses. Sheri is a graduate of Colorado State University and has a master’s degree in accounting from the University of Colorado at Denver. She is a member of the AICPA and Colorado Society of CPA’s.
- Mary Ann Milow serves as staff accountant. She has been a senior staff accountant for over 30 years. Originally a Mathematics Major in school, her extensive experience in bookkeeping, audit, analysis and tax gives our firm an added level of client satisfaction. Mary Ann has been an Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor for 20 years. Her expertise includes setting up for job costing, inventory and advanced managerial reporting.
- Sara Wilson is the company’s office administrator. She has over five years of business office experience. In 2013 she graduated from PIMA Medical Institute with an Associate’s degree in Occupational Science.